Is the notice valid?
If you receive a Notice to Vacate, contact us for advice as soon as possible. If the notice was not filled in correctly or was not given to you the correct way it may not be valid.
To be valid, a Notice to Vacate:
- must be in writing, and
- must state the reason they want you to leave (except the 120-day notice), and
- must state the the date they want you to leave, and
- must be signed and dated by the owner, and
- must be given to you in person or sent by registered mail, and
- must be given to you a minimum number of days before the vacate date.
If the Notice to Vacate does not meet all these requirements, it may not be valid.