• You should contact VCAT to confirm arrangements for the remote witness room or telephone attendance. You should ask to speak to VCAT’s family violence support worker.
  • For in-person hearings, discuss with the affected person how they will get to and leave VCAT. You may want to discuss this with the VCAT support worker to make arrangements with VCAT security.


  • You should ask the real estate agent or landlord, and the other tenants, for copies of any documents that they plan to use at the hearing. If they won’t give you a copy of these documents, you could warn them that this could cause an adjournment, which will just delay the process and require everyone to come back another time.
  • You should give a copy of any documents that you intend to use at the hearing to all other parties (landlord or their agent and other tenants).You should also have proof that you have served the application and documents to them. Registered post is the easiest way to prove service.

This information is a guide only and should not be used as a substitute for professional legal advice.

Need more help with this?
Contact us

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.