If the affected person lives in public housing, and has a family violence safety notice or intervention order that excludes a tenant from the address, they can ask for the locks to be changed and DHHS will arrange and pay for it.

Find out more

15.8.2 Lock change request from protected person, Tenancy Management Manual, Chapter 15: Transfer of tenancy October 2017

This information is a guide only and should not be used as a substitute for professional legal advice.

Need more help with this?
Contact us

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.