About the VCAT Lawyer Service
Tenants Victoria is offering a VCAT Lawyer Service to represent tenants at urgent, upcoming VCAT hearings, where the hearing is listed within one week of contact to this service.
The service is directed towards tenants facing:
- The prospect of losing their rental property; or
- Matters of an urgent nature related to health or safety If you are a worker from a community organisation
You can contact our VCAT Lawyer to see whether you can refer a matter to the Service, or we can otherwise be of assistance. In order to refer a matter to this service, the following criteria must be met:
- The tenant should meet our eligibility criteria (see below)
- A VCAT hearing should be listed within one week
- The VCAT matter should relate to one of the following:
- An application for a termination and/or possession order
- An illegal eviction; and/or
- Issues with repairs where health or safety is a factor
To make enquiries or make a referral, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include sufficient information to allow us to assess eligibility, if possible.